I am currently serving in the Georgia Atlanta Mission. I am loving it and the people who I serve.
Saturday, August 1, 2009
July 24, 2009
Hey family, I have really enjoyed all of the dear elders I have been getting. It is great to hear from you! Congrats to Jennifer for getting your associates, I am so proud of you! I am trying to write small notes by hand and send them to each of the families, but it will take a while since I can only write letters once a week. I am glad that mom was able to get someone to take her shift so that she could make it to the family reunion. I hope you had a blast!!! The temple open house must have been amazing. On that topic, people have been asking if I have gotten to go to the temple yet. The temple reopened right after I got here so I have gotten to go twice. I was very impressed, Provo has never been one of my favorite temples, I didn't really like the design of the outside. The inside is beautiful, I really love that temple. Today I did not get to go though. It is pioneer day, and down here pretty much everything is shut down today, including the temple. I wanted to tell everyone of another experience in the RC (Referral Center where we call people). I believe I told everyone about my experience with the lady who was having surgery. Well I have been praying for these two women ever since I called that number. On Monday I learned that I could go back and listen to my old calls. I searched for about 20 minutes trying to find that call. I finally did and I was able to get the number and name of the person again. I called the number and the woman I had talked to the same women I had talked to before! I was so happy! I asked her if they had been able to watch "The Lamb of God" yet. She said that they didn't have a DVD player because she did not have very much money. She is staying at the woman who is having surgery's house while she is going through all of this stuff. I told her that I had been praying for them. I felt impressed to talk to her about the Savior. She said she was familiar with the Bible. I told her that Christ and his apostles did their miracles and blessings by the power of the priesthood. I told her of how after the death of Christ and his apostles the priesthood was no longer upon the earth. I testified to her that the priesthood had been restored upon the earth again today. I asked her if I could share with her the story of how the priesthood had been restored to the earth. She said yes. I told her of Joseph Smith's first vision and of his call to be a prophet. The spirit was so strong during the first vision. I know that she could feel it. I told her of the restoration of the priesthood and of the coming forth of the Book of Mormon, and I testified that it was true. I asked her if she would be willing to have two representatives of our church come and deliver the Book of Mormon to her along with a message of Jesus Christ. She said that she was very interested and would love to read the Book of Mormon, but that since she was not at her own house she did not have permission to have the missionaries come. I knew that the adversary did not want her to have the missionaries come and teach her. I was persistent and she agreed that I should send her information to the missionaries. I told her that I would put a note down that they should call and make sure they had permission from the owner of the house before visiting. She accepted the missionaries! She seemed very sincere and the spirit was there. I was so excited. I feel very strongly that she will accept their message, and I pray that she will be baptized and feel the joy of being closer to God. I know that I called her the first time for a reason, and that I was directed to find her record again, even though I was not asked to do so. I know that our Heavenly Father cares about each of His children, He wants them all to return to live with Him. That is why I am here. I hope that we can all do our part to bring others unto Christ. The missionaries need the members to do their part to. I would encourage you all to open your mouths. Anyone who is truly your friend, will know that you are telling them about the gospel because you care. If they are truly your friend the worst they can say is that they are not interested. Take the leap of faith, our Heavenly Father will not abandon you! I love you all and look forward to hearing more from you! Love,Keith (Elder Banner)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment